I’ve had a few issues with the iiNet Bob2 modem/router in the past week or two, and rang up support on Sunday to get it sorted out.
At one stage the nice chap asked how many devices are using the modem. That’s a really good question, and one that I hadn’t previously thought about.
- 2 desktop computers (wired connections)
- The Wii U, the Yamaha receiver, the ChromeCast. The kitchen radio.
- (The TV isn’t currently connected to the internet. By the way, Samsung has published a list of Netflix-enabled TVs. No pre-2012 models are on that list.)
The others vary according to who’s home at the time.
- My iPad, phone and laptop.
- M’s phone.
- J’s iPad, phone and laptop.
- I’s phone and laptop.
So potentially up to 15 devices, 13 of which use WiFi.
Plus the VOIP cordless handset (not sure if this uses WiFi or not).
It’s more than I thought it would be, but I suspect not unusual in this day and age.