Having a night in.
Just noticed my new year’s resolutions from two years ago — given I’m not really in the mood to write a new set, let’s review these old ones, shall we?
- Teach my kids chess — I did have one go at this, but didn’t push it. Should try again.
- Try to declutter the house — This is an ongoing project. I really couldn’t say if I’ve made a huge amount of progress in the past two years.
- Get Jeremy into his own bedroom — we finally got this done about a month ago.
- Get all of us more exercise — yep; sometime back then I instituted a nightly walk after dinner, and except when it’s pouring with rain, we do it every night.
- Write a computer game (even a simple one) to get more enthused again about programming — Nup, though work has had me doing more coding in the last 18 months.
- Replace the TV with something shiny, flat, and digital — DONE! (I got this done back then, two years ago)
- Have a more regular bedtime — kinda sorta, could do better.
- Plan a Proper Holiday — got two in: Brisbane in 2011, Perth in 2012
- Not let any gift vouchers expire — pretty sure I’ve achieved this since 2010
- Have a birthday party to make up for my lack of a 40th — had a bunch of people for drinks and dinner at a pub; twas a good night
If I can’t think of new resolutions, perhaps in the next year I’ll keep going through this list.
For our family, 2012 brought both joy and sadness. Hope your 2013 brings more of the former than the latter. Happy New Year.