Marita’s gone off overseas with Justine to explore San Francisco and surrounds.
Management of time is often an issue for me, and I in no way want to say that her presence is a cause of me not getting things done.
But I thought that while she’s gone for three weeks, I might have some time on my hands. So here are some things I intended to do while she’s away:
- My tax return, which was due at the end of October
- and my Dad’s
- Ceiling fan for the livingroom
- The new washing machine (I’ve pretty much settled on the Bosch)
- Clear our my Dad’s unwanted books from the house
- Replace the kitchen halogen lights with low-watt LEDs
- Start my next blockbuster eBay auction
Reality is though, I’ve found myself busier than ever. For example, tonight there’s a dinner, tomorrow I’m going to a protest and then Trish’s wedding!
Marita will be back next weekend, and all I’ve got done so far is the washing machine, which arrived on Wednesday. (Just as well — when the old one got moved, I found bits of metal and ball bearings. It was not well.)