I’m amazed at the range of old things that I’d obviously bought, used a little of, then forgotten about, that I found in the back of the cupboard this morning while looking for sultanas.
- Croutons, Best Before Jan 2008
- Self-raising flour, BB Jul 2007 (there’s another newer one elsewhere)
- Vita Wheat Biscuits, BB Sep 2007, and another BB Mar 2008… strange, as I really like these, and do eat them
- Currants, BB Nov 2007
- Rissotto, BB May 2008 — obviously it’s been a while
- Cordial for the Slurpie-maker thingy, BB Dec 2007
- Peanut butter, BB 20/7/2009 — just gone, should be fine but nobody’s eating it
- Granulated nuts, Best before, BB 17/7/2009 — ditto
- Popping corn, BB Nov 2008
Given these are only Best Before (not “Use by”) dates, some of this stuff might well be okay, if not “best”. But some of it’ll be no good and will have to go out.
A bit of a waste. On the bright side it’s freed up a fair bit of space in the cupboard!