Following up from frivolous calls after Melbourne’s earth tremor a couple of weeks ago, and just in time for yesterday afternoon’s tremor, Victoria Police put out a press release that reveals how many clueless people there are, who dial the Triple Zero emergency number for stupid reasons.
- January 2009 – Caller telephones 000 to advise operator that someone had stolen their watch three months prior.
- January 2009 – Caller advises operator that a solution for catching offenders is that police should design a Spiderman-type weapon that ejects a sticky net that covers the offender and renders them incapacitated. The caller later stated that they were not looking for fame or fortune for this idea.
- January 2009 – Caller rings to ask what time her dentist appointment was because she forgot.
- March 2009 – Caller advised operator that someone had stolen a marijuana plant form their backyard.
- April 2009 – Caller telephones 000 and states son has been missing for one minute.
There’s just no getting around it. Some people are idiots.
(And now I have the Spiderman cartoon theme music going around in my brain.)