The Melbourne Press Club have put up the MP3 recordings of last month’s “Public Transport: Ticket to Where?” debate. Their web page is a bit confusing (you have to click on the Quicktime logos), but here’s a summary of the MP3s:
- 1. Introductions — Not really worth listening to.
- 2. Paul Mees — You can’t see the slides, but it’s worth a listen. The bus stops he’s referring to are pictured here. Towards the end he refers to the Department of Transport’s new org chart.
- 3. Jon Faine talks to Mees
- 4. Brian Negus (RACV)
- 5. Bernie Carolan (Metlink) — his reference to “all our eggs in one basket” refers to some guy in the paper that morning.
- 6. Jon Faine talks to Bernie Carolan, and audience questions — Myki, buses, Commonwealth Games, Rail capacity
- 7. Audience questions — rail capacity, my question to Brian Negus, and some guy rambling on about connections to Tasmania?!
- 8. Audience questions — oil prices, plug for Jon Faine’s Melbourne to London road trip