On Thursday some school books were lost by Son The Elder. On Friday he checked with his home group teacher. He checked with the year level co-ordinator and the office. Following the long weekend, he checked again on Tuesday after school. Nothing had turned up.
He seemed worried about the missing books, so I moved on it quickly. On Tuesday afternoon we went to the bookshop and bought replacements of everything. Cost a pretty penny. We came home and labelled it all, this time ensuring names were written on the outside of books, not just the insides. Easier identification.
He took them all into school on Wednesday.
And you guessed it: all the lost stuff got found. A teacher had found it all and held onto it.
D’oh. That’ll teach me to be organised.
Next time, I’ll wait at least a week.