As the Australian Bureau of Statistics says: If your belief system is “Jedi” then answer as such on the census form.
Taking a look at the Jedi Code (at least, one of the versions), I think I can broadly commit to following it… though I’d probably do better if I was a vegetarian…
- Jedi are the guardians of peace in the galaxy.
- Jedi use their powers to defend and protect, never to attack others.
- Jedi respect all life, in any form.
- Jedi serve others rather than ruling over them, for the good of the galaxy.
- Jedi seek to improve themselves through knowledge and training.
The ABS also says the data gathered is to ensure community resources are appropriately focussed. Well, I’m not otherwise religious, so I know I’m not robbing any religious organisations of funding by declaring myself Jedi.
So, why not?