Some random things that make my life easier:
- The dishwasher. Run it every few days (when full). Cool.
- RSS. Lets me catch up on news and blogs in seconds flat.
- The 8:06 and 8:17 expresses. Bentleigh to Parliament in 17 minutes. If there’s a faster way into the city in peak hour (barring helicopter) I’d like to hear about it. Shame they’re the only two that fast – most trains take closer to 25 minutes.
- Internet banking. Without it I’d be spending half my life in queues at the post office or the bank. As it is I only do so when I need stamps.
- Weather forecasts. These days they seem relatively accurate. Less guesswork about taking a jacket or brolly. Can get ’em via mobile phone, TV teletext and web, which is good, as I invariably miss them on the TV news. (But I don’t understand why overseas web companies are unable to source accurate weather forecasts… in Centigrade.)