Here is my wine
cellar collection. It sits up in the cupboard. My wine purchasing strategy is as follows:
- Buy the ones with the interesting looking labels (‘cos I know stuff-all about wine)
- Because I don’t consume them at a rate of knots, I buy bottles of moderately cheapish wine, keep it for a few years, then drink it (this accounts for the many bottles of Hardy’s Regional Reserve…)
- Wait until the collection’s looking a little depleted, then buy 6 or 12 at once for a discount
- Buy a handful of the more expensive ones… ummm.. just… ‘cos
Move your mouse around over the picture to see descriptions. Post a picture of your wine collection — Link in the Trackbacks or comments.
For a rather more reasoned strategy to budget wine purchases, see Josh’s slightly dated wine guide.
- Firefox may abbreviate text hotspots. You can fix it with this extension — go to Tools / Extensions / Popup Alt Attribute / Options and turn on Show long tooltips in multiline
- Past photos in this series
- Notes on creating the image map/hot spots with text