Well, the end-of-financial-year sale season has drawn to a close, so it’s time to re-count the bargain buys of the last couple of weeks, and start dreading next month’s credit card bill.
- A new suit from my favourite
expressiveexpensive but nice businessy-wear shop (I’ve had nice trousers and jackets before, but this is my first really nice suit. It’s marketed as being a Parisian brand, though I note the label says “Made in Romania”, so I suppose at least it’s European.)
- Pair of jeans in a rather nice colour they call black-blue
- A stripey long sleeved top
- Smallish backpack for nights away — from the regular Kathmandu sales. So regular I still can’t believe anybody shops there when a sale isn’t in progress.
- Pair of black pants to replace an old pair
Didn’t manage to find a new pair of shoes or a casual jacket though. And though I got a tipoff about a Lego Millenium Falcon going for $100 at Myer, the last one left on the shelf had a box a little too tatty for a Christmas present for Isaac. Besides, how could I get another affordable present of equal value for Jeremy?