You know your kids are growing up when…
- When waving goodbye in the schoolyard, the youngest waves enthusiastically, but the eldest does a deliberately low-key waist-level wave back. “Yeah, yeah, see ya dad.”
- Your youngest explains to you how to use the animation features of Powerpoint.
- Your eldest decides that a warning on a web page animation that “some scenes aren’t suitable for younger children” doesn’t apply to him.
- You ask him why he’s fiddling with pyjama pants in the morning and he says matter-of-factly “my balls are itchy.” Whoops. TMI.
- They’ve moved onto using adult cutlery, crockery and glassware.
- The first school camp starts today.
- You’re almost at the point where you can’t tell their socks from yours.
- They declare of a TV show (some piece of televisual excrement called Active Kidz): “I hate it. It’s crap.” And you take a look and thoroughly agree with them.