My sister says she was sitting at home in West London on Friday when she saw
three Concorde fly past. That would be a sight to see.
Warning: gardening in progress
Okay, to business. Apart from ENJOYING myself this weekend, I also need to do the following:
- mow the front garden and nature strip (in geek terms known as organic systems maintenance)– man that was hard work. I’ve definitely earned second breakfast today
- laundry, ironing, dishes, all that good stuff
- do my tax (x2 – this month’s BAS and my tax from the last fin year)
- buy a black pen, so I can fill in these tax forms (where have all my black pens gone?! And why do the ATO insist on black pens anyway?)– found one that’ll do the job. Even better, when passing the supermarket later on the way to Tony’s bizarre auction barbecue, I found a packet of two. Now I can fill in ATO forms to my heart’s content.
- put the new rego sticker on the car so I don’t get pulled over and strip searched by the cops next week
- continue the relentless tidying up that I hope will one day in the distant future see the house without a single box out in the rooms
- write to relatives to thank them for the birthday cards they sent two months ago
- post that package of stuff to Iris in Israel
- find those Gold Class cinema tickets I got given last Christmas, and check the expiry date on them– 31st December. Excellent.
- start reading some of those novels my dad lent me written by
- take my VCR to be repaired (no, it isn’t as continually unreliable as the one I destroyed)
and most importantly,
- stop writing this damn diary now and go get started on all this stuff
I’ll tick them off as I go.
Why is it that as I’m doing one thing, I’ll think of two more that need to be done?
Sunday 10:30pm. Managed to make a dent in the list, but still a fair bit to go. Too tired now to do more. Will continue in my copious (ha!) spare time during the week.