Because I’m interested in politics, I make it my practice to follow various politicians on Twitter, whether I agree with them or not, including all the local ones I can find.
My local federal MP Andrew Robb would have to have the single most relentlessly negative Twitter feed of any of them.
Here’s all his Tweets for the past week (excluding retweets and also those addressed to other people, therefore not showing up in most users’ timelines).
- I see Wayne Swan has a juvenile petition out on cruel cuts, I presume he’s referring to his cruel cuts to community grants. #hypocrite.
- Swan and Wong need to stop the spin and explain Labor’s $120 BILLION BLACK HOLE.
- Labor has reached the dangerous stage, saying and promising anything to save political skin. #Labor’s$120billionblackhole.
- Chickens come home to roost – Labor’s $120 billion budget black hole revealed in Fin Review.
- Financial Review reveals Labor’s $120 billion black hole.
- Is there a policy Labor has implemented without botching it?? Think pink batts, NBN, mining tax, carbon tax, live cattle, border protection.
- Let’s judge Labor’s record debt by Australian standards, rather than against the basket cases of the world. It leaves us vulnerable.
- If Labor is returning to surplus why in budget did they raise the Commonwealth debt ceiling to an unprecedented $250 BILLION??
- Why did Labor tell us net debt would peak at $94.4 billion two years ago, but now it’s $145 billion? Only $50 BILLION out!
- $4.1 billion unfunded dental promise, part of Labor’s $100 BILLION BLACK HOLE of unfunded or hidden budget liabilities.
- Labor promises $4.1 billion for dental scheme but can’t say how it will be funded. That means higher taxes or more record debt.
- Labor has reached the dangerous stage. $100 billion worth of commitments either hidden or unfunded. #Laborblackhole
- Penny Wong’s credibility through the ‘floor’, see what she said before & after Labor’s carbon tax floor price backdown.
- Labor told us the carbon tax floor price was needed for certainty, now they tell us the opposite. They are a shambles.
- Labor’s carbon tax chaos recipe for budget black hole but Combet says trust our modelling!!!
- At last election Penny Wong said net debt would peak at $94.4 billion; now that figure is $145 billion. A $50 BILLION blow-out in 2 years!
- Penny Wong fails to lock in prosperity as under Labor Australia has become a less attractive place to do business. [link]
- Penny Wong in denial. BHP has warned for months investment climate is being crippled by carbon & mining taxes & other sovereign risk issues.
It’s all attacking Labor. EVERY. SINGLE. TWEET.
Not a single comment about what he would do in government.
Not even a single comment on what he thinks Labor should do.
Even Tony Abbott, derided by Labor as “Doctor No”, often tweets about the people he meets and the events he attends.
As the next generation of voters increasingly get their information from social media rather than mainstream media, it’s going to become important for politicians to represent themselves better through avenues like Twitter. With a growing and changing population, even Goldstein won’t be blue-ribbon Liberal forever.
C’mon Andrew, surely you can do better than this. Just for a moment, stop telling us why you think the other guys are idiots, and instead tell us why we should vote for you.