Made with KeepCalm-O-Matic
(Disappointed to discover I’m not the first to think of this.)
From the Suz’s Space blog, this is the How Aussie Are You Meme. I’ll leave the “No”s blank. I like that it’s got a nice mix of bush and urban stuff, and some culture in there too.
1. Heard a kookaburra in person. — yep.
2. Slept under the stars. — lain awake yes, slept no.
3. Seen a koala. — yep.
4. Visited Melbourne. — live there.
5. Watched a summer thunderstorm. — yep.
6. Worn a pair of thongs. — yep.
7. Been to Uluru (Ayers Rock)
8. Visited Cape York.
9. Held a snake.
10. Sang along with Khe San. — yep. It’s the defacto national anthem, after all. I also have a memory of being 18 in the back of someone’s car and raucously singing along to Working Class Man.
11. Drank VB. — yep, though I’ve gone off it; IMHO there are nicer brews.
12. Visited Sydney. — yep.
13. Have seen a shark. — only in an aquarium.
14. Have used Aussie (and NZ) slang naturally in a conversation. — you bet mate.
15. Had an actual conversation with an indigenous Australian (Aboriginal). — yep.
16. Eaten hot chips from the bag at the beach. — hot chips? Many times though I’m not sure about at the beach.
17. Walked/climbed over the Sydney Harbour Bridge. — yes, walked across.
18. Used an outside dunny, and checked under the seat before sitting down. — I don’t recall checking under the seat, to be honest.
19. Seen Chloe in Young & Jackson’s. — yep.
20. Slept on an overnight train or bus. — not since 1988 on the train to Brisbane with my sister, but yes.
I’m only doing this ‘cos (a) Rae tagged me (a while back) and (b) I had a smartarse answer for the first question.
The ONE ARTIST Challenge !
Choosing only song names from ONE ARTIST, cleverly answer these questions. Pass it on to 15 people you like and include me. You can’t use the band I used. Try not to repeat a song title. It’s a lot harder than you think!
Pick Your Artist:
Are you a male or female:
I’m a Boy
Helpless Dancer (maybe more hopeless, actually)
How do you feel:
Describe where you currently live:
Tommy’s Holiday Camp
If you could go anywhere, where would you go:
Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere
Your favorite form of transportation:
Your best friend is:
You and your best friends are:
What’s the weather like:
What’s your favorite time:
Blue, Red and Grey
If your life were a tv show, what would it be called:
What is life to you:
One Life’s Enough
Your current relationship:
Who Are You?
What is the best advice you have to give:
Baby, Don’t You Do It
Thought for the Day:
I’ve Had Enough
How I would like to die:
Shakin’ All Over
My soul’s present condition:
I Can’t Explain
Won’t Get Fooled Again
Anybody else care to have a go?
Just a game I thought of: what Doctor Who episode aired on or closest to your birthday?
Check this list to find out.
(I guess those born before 1963 or in the 90s will probably gravitate to one of two episodes…)
If I had the time, I’d whip up an applet to do the hard work for you, but I don’t, sorry.
Sometimes memes are just irritating. For instance that “25 things you may not know about me” one. A few friends have done it. I’m not going to. You already got seven things out of me, and fer chrissake there’s 15 years of blog posts people can read if they want to find more.
What are your middle names?
Mine’s Francis. Hers is Frances. Neat eh?
How long have you been together?
Five years and about nine months.
Who asked whom out?
I asked her out.
How old are each of you?
She just turned 39; I’m still 38, though not for long.
Whose siblings do you see the most?
Probably mine. While my sister lives closer, she’s got more siblings.
Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
Did you go to the same school?
We did go to the same university, but different campuses, and never met at the time. Just as well; I doubt she’d have liked me back then.
But separate to how we met, I was at school with her housemate’s brother — in fact I sat next to him throughout Year 8. Which is a bit freaky, really.
Are you from the same home town?
No. She only moved to Melbourne for uni.
Who is smarter?
One of the reasons I like her is because she’s smart — probably smarter than me — though we each have a different focus.
Who is the most sensitive?
Girls are always more sensitive, aren’t they?
Where do you eat out most as a couple?
It would be a toss-up between Saturday lunch at The Nook in Ripponlea, and takeaway pizza from Herbs in Carnegie (the latter being eaten in).
Where is the furthest you two have travelled together as a couple?
Not very far… which is further, Hobart or Canberra?
Who has the craziest exes?
Who has the worst temper?
I think we’re both pretty even tempered. I probably get crankier.
Who does the cooking?
Both, though the most common meal I serve up is a batch of my frozen spag bol.
Who is the neat-freak?
Definitely not me. I agonise on it, but rarely do anything about it.
Who is more stubborn?
Who hogs the bed?
Neither really, though if the doona drifts at all, it tends to drift my way.
Who wakes up earlier?
That’s probably even, though I am not, as a rule, a morning person.
Where was your first date?
The Nova cinema, to see the music documentary “Live Forever“.
Who is more jealous?
How long did it take to get serious?
A few weeks.
Who eats more?
Probably me. I get peckish a lot.
Who does the laundry?
Who’s better with the computer?
I’m the geek.
Who drives when you are together?
Me, as we’re usually in my car, and she doesn’t do Manuals so well.