RIP Michael

Marita’s dad Michael was the nicest bloke you could meet.

Tragically he died in a farming accident on Wednesday afternoon.

Michael

RIP Michael 1941-2012

6 thoughts on “RIP Michael”

roger says:

Daniel
    how horrible. Very sorry to hear this of Marita’s father. I read about the death of a farmer from Molka yesterday – didn’t realise you had a strong connection with the person.

CG says:

Memory eternal.

And what a perfect rural picture: the tall spare figure, the ingeniously constructed seat, the huge water-tank as back-rest, the rose by the door and the lavender at his feet . . .

Olivia says:

So sorry to hear that Daniel.
    All the best to you and Marita & family.

reader says:

Daniel,

I am sure that there are many people like me who often read your blog but rarely comment.

I would be confident that they would like to offer you and Marita condolences but feel that anything they write will come off sounding misplaced.

I know I thought long and hard before embarking of this comment. I don’t personally know you or your partner. We have never met. But in a way I feel I know you a little bit because of your writings here.

I would be confident that a lot of people feel the same way as I do. We want to say the right thing but “what right:” have we to do so. That will explain why on a post where you might expect a lot of comments, few people have.

Be strong and look after your partner.

Deborah says:

My deepest sympathy goes to Marita and her family. I am terribly sorry to hear this. So tragic, really.

Daniel says:

@CG, yes, you’re right — it is the perfect rural picture.

Thank you to those who replied on Twitter.

Jen: Daniel I am so so sorry to hear that. Terrible news

Robert: sincere condolescences to you and all your family Daniel

Colin: Saddened to hear that. Thoughts with you and your family.

Coralie: Oh, my goodness. :-( my thoughts are with you and Marita.