Stupid place to park

Not loading, not unloading. Just sitting there. And plenty of spaces on the street.

Dear WKY762, that is a bloody stupid place to park. Do you understand what a footpath is for?

Stupid place to park

17 thoughts on “Stupid place to park”

Andy says:

They do that all the time here. Too many cars and not enough drive space. :(

Tony says:

Don’t get me started…it’s terrible when you are pushing a pram and even though those days are long gone it’s still an irritation, where do they expect pedestrians to walk? On the road?

Vas the Man says:

If no-one’s looking, kick their door in. If it makes the paint crack, that’s $400 to respray if it’s metallic. You know you want to.

Donna says:

I’d leave one of these cards on the windscreen.

Vas the Man says:

But you’d have to glue it on, or they’d just ignore it.

Frank says:

Really pisses me off – you wouldn’t want to be blind or physically disabled.

Roger says:

For goodness sake, Daniel.
    You can’t expect someone to have to walk from the curbside, navigate their way across a nature strip and then traverse a footpath to get to a driveway. That’s asking too much!

Kiwi Nick says:

@Donna, I’ve seen one similar sticker (to the one that said “… so close to my vehicle!”), but it also said (something like)

Next time leave a can-opener so I can get my car out.

Nathan says:

Daniel all your comments are number “1.” just in case you haven’t noticed :)

Daniel says:

@Nathan, Only on IE8, it appears. (Unless someone’s seeing different?)

Nathan says:

Ah yes of course. I should have checked as it’s fine in Firefox. good old Microsoft.

Mark says:

Opera also shows them all as 1.

Kiwi Nick says:

About the comments showing as 1. I will broach the subject that this blog fail validation at http://validator.w3.org/ . I’m not sure if this explains the numbering issue, but the error at line 362 (“li” tag not allowed here) may have something to do with it.

While validation is not the be-all and end-all, I do find it reduces the cross-browser risks considerably. Hopefully WordPress has a fix for this issue.

Nick.

Ben Finney says:

The subconscious reasoning seems to be a combination:

“This driveway is exclusive to this house, so it’s nobody else’s business what happens between the house and the kerb”

and

“I successfully walked around the car, therefore my car isn’t really an obstacle”

Dave says:

Your local council can issue infringements for this. Just ring, if there’s a parking officer in the area they’ll send them by. Obviously not really worth it if it’s just a one-off, but if you’ve a persistent problem is worth thinking about.

Kiwi Nick says:

@Dave, hopefully they’re better than Wellington City Council. We reported a persistent case over several days, both by phone and in person (to a nearby patrolling officer) and nothing was done.

The offenders were running a festival and the problem went away when they packed up and left.

Grant says:

Since I started pushing a pram, I really noticed things like this. It really irks me how people have this sense of entitlement and are completely inconsiderate of others. It is pure lazyness – you couldn’t possibly park your car 2 houses away, that would be too inconvenient.

Makes me want to carry a bottle of thinners or similar and write a nasty message in their paint.