Seven things you may or may not know about me
I was tagged by Patrick: Seven things you may or may not know about me.
I’ve been blogging for a while, so you might think there’s nothing left that’s unknown about me, but in reality only a fraction of my life appears on my blog.
That said I may struggle to think of things that I want to reveal but haven’t already, but I’ll have a go. Some things known to my friends but not known to people online are probably the best bet.
1. I’m more untidy than I’d like. Not stupidly untidy, but certainly quite untidy. Stuff at home doesn’t end up where it should, and it seems like a real effort to put it away properly (even assuming it all has a place to go, which is doubtful, particularly for some of my dad’s stuff which is at my place, or the Things I Haven’t Yet Got Around To Putting On Freecycle).
2. I’m less of a geek than I used to be. Other things, such as kids, and politics and activism have intruded. When I bought the XBox, I honestly thought I’d be playing it all the time. I haven’t. I never finished Halo. Perhaps to my surprise, older games that are easier to get into, and the Wii are more my style.
3. But I can find any number of ways to waste time in front of a computer. Facebook, blogs, email, more email, scads more email. Time just disappears.
4. I don’t mind argumentative people, but I do mind argumentative people who either get personal, or don’t put logic into their arguments. You want to convince me? Give me sound, coherent, logical reasoning and you might get somewhere. Persuasion is a journey. You try take someone along with you, and it’s the trip which is more important. You don’t just announce the destination and proclaim “We’re here!”
5. I’ve been almost totally blind in my right eye since birth. 3D glasses don’t work on me, and lack of depth perception means I can’t play badminton.
6. I get anxious about things I probably shouldn’t get anxious about, particularly doing new stuff for the first time.
7. Kinda related, I don’t like making unsolicited phone calls to people I don’t know. (I guess I’d be a terrible telemarketer.) I’m also bad at introducing myself to people.
If anybody else who blogs wants to have a go at posting Seven Things You May Or May Not Know About Me, then feel free — leave a link to your post in the comments.